There are so many people who enjoy cooking and eating country food. That's why we've declared June to be Country Cooking Month. To find out how to celebrate in your home or business life, check out the helpful suggestions provided at Country Cooking Month.
While you're there, be sure to check out, participate in, and share our contest with your readers.
There are marketing and advertising companies that will help you put your business in front of the public but, often it's the DIY marketing that makes the most impact. Since June is Entrepreneurs “Do It Yourself” Marketing Month, there's no better time to write about, plan and implement DIY marketing. Blog about a few of these topics or use them as a springboard for other blogging ideas.
What marketing tasks can you assign to your team?
What marketing tasks should you handle personally?
What marketing strategies should you implement first?
What skills do you need to market yourself online?
What skills do you need to market yourself locally?
What should your DIY marketing plan consist of?
Whether you're dealing with co-workers, customers, or kids, effective communication is important. Use these ideas and questions to help you generate some great blog posts on communication.
Write about tips for communicating with your co-workers.
What can you do to improve communication with customers?
You talk but are the kids really understanding you?
What are the dos and don'ts of communicating with (insert group)?
What are some common problems in communicating with (insert group)?
Why is taking a break or breather important sometimes?
How to keep your cool on hot topics.
June is Professional Wellness Month. What does this mean for you and your readers? You take care of your family, your health and now it's time to take care of your professional and business wellness. Here are a few ideas and questions to help inspire your blog posts.
How can you add value to your company?
Why is it important to keep your resume or LinkedIn info up to date?
What can you do to increase your skills in order to become a more valuable resource?
How can your site, products or services help readers who are concerned about their jobs or businesses?
Break out the camera and start taking pictures during National Photo Month! Photos can enrich your business life and your personal life. Use some of the ideas below to bond with your readers, customers, or family.
- List 10 ways your business readers can include photos in their blog posts or products.
- For a fun JV ask prominent people in your industry to supply a picture of themselves as a young child. Have your readers guess who is who. Offer a prize to the “winners.”
- Discuss the impact that personal photos (of yourself) have on sales and business in general.
- Share photography tips for your industry.
- List and explain 10 ways photos can help your family bond.
- Write about how taking photos of your children can boost their self esteem.
- Share creative ways to use customer photos in your business.
Allergies and asthma are not exclusive to spring and summer, but for many people this seems to be the time when the symptoms peak. Since this is National Allergy/Asthma Awareness Month, it's a great time to talk with your readers about this subject. Here are a few items you may bring up in a post.
- Did you know that even minor allergies can affect productivity at home, business, or school? Discuss how and share solutions.
- Have you heard about the new vaccine for people with cat allergies?
- What precautions do you need take if you have an allergy or asthma?
- Poll your readers with, “Do you think birth order affects allergy risk?” Use this resource to keep readers informed.
- What can you do in your home office to lessen the effect of allergies or asthma?
- How can you help employees or team members boost their immune systems?
When you set up your business, you carefully set up your work schedule. You even added in some time to be “flexible”. How organized you are! (Even if you didn't, just pretend. 😉 ) You should be able to fit it all in somewhere, right? Well…maybe not. If you continually find yourself missing deadlines, moving projects, getting interrupted by family and friends, etc. you may need to revise your work schedule. These topic starters will help you broach work schedule revision with your readers.
- When should you revise your work schedule?
- Discuss revising your work schedule for seasonal needs.
- Write about what you should consider when changing your schedule.
- Should you get up earlier or go to bed later?
- Give tips for finding the right time schedule.
- Help readers weigh out their schedule options with a list of questions.
- What scheduling tools would you recommend?
Business Image Improvement Month is all about putting your best foot forward. You've heard that you may not get a second chance to make a first impression? It's true. That's why you may want to focus on your business image this month. Here are a few things you can blog about on the topic.
- When do you need a business image makeover?
- Discuss the difference between getting an image lift and a total makeover.
- What changes will give your image the biggest boost?
- Is your “business face” bright and fresh or are you behind the times?
- How can changes in customer service help improve your business image?
- Is your business logo helping or hurting your business image?
- Describe how to create an image improvement plan.
May is is Older Americans Month so it's the perfect time for you to write about these wonderful people! Each year, the Administration On Aging (AOA) comes up with a theme on the topic. This year, it is Connecting the Community and how technology is helping older Americans. To incorporate this celebration into your blogging schedule, you may want to write about:
- How an older American has influenced your business (taught you good business practices, etc.)
- How your online business caters to the needs of older Americans
- The challenges older Americans face regarding computer usage.
- What your parents are doing to help their community
- How the buying practices of older Americans affects your business
- Products, programs, software, and services which help older Americans contribute to the community (or online)
Stress is one of those things that can sneak up on you and do real damage to your mind, body, and emotions. Since April is Stress Awareness Month, you may want to use some of these topics as a starting point for your blog posts.
- Top 5 sources of stress (and solutions) for business owners
- Recognizing stress reactions in yourself and others
- De-stressing at your desk
- Indoor stress relief
- Outdoor stress relief
- Enlisting help when you're stressed out (family, friends, co-workers, professionals)
- Dangers of staying stressed
- Using exercise to relieve stress (see Physical Wellness Month & Garden Month)
- Are you breathing right? How breathing can help you to calm yourself and relieve stress
- Everyone feels stress. How to make de-stressing a family affair
If you are looking for research or material to back up your post check out the press releases over at American Psychological Association. Not only is there a wealth of information, but you can come up with some good angles there. For example the release about U.S. Workers feeling stressed out and undervalued is a great lead in for small business blogs or those of you who reach people who want to be their own boss.