It's not enough to simply hear your children, family, friends, customers, business partners, etc. You need to understand them as well. This is done though listening effectively. Since March is International Listening Awareness Month, you may want to take the time to develope and share listening skills in your personal life and in your business life. Here are some ideas to help you blog about the topic.
1. What is the difference between hearing and listening?
2. What impact does it have when you feel someone is actually listening to you?
3. How do you know someone is listening?
4. At some point, you've felt that a customer support person wasn't actually listening. What advice would you give them to better the service?
5. Often, parents and children feel that they are not being heard. What tips can you give parents to listen more effectively? What tips can you give children?